Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brett - Man in the Street



I met Brett last summer on a hike. He was very newly single and, wisely realized he was not ready to date. I told him about some very helpful Divorce Recovery seminars that I'd been through myself. Brett not only went through the seminars, but also became my running buddy. We recently completed the Phoenix Rock'n'Roll half marathon and have become good friends and flirt buddies.

Overall: Brett (who I kiddingly call Boy Toy since he's still under 40..though, just barely) is a great combination of flirty, "life of the party" and traditional romantic. His tattoos, sculpted body, and willingness to be up for anything give him that touch of "bad boy" that will be enough to make most women take notice. But don't mistake my 'bad boy' label as rude...he is always respectful and kind. Add to that, the fact that he can listen and open up about his feelings...a trait that is rare amongst the male species...and he can almost be assured of attracting any woman he's interested in.

Personality: Outgoing, friendly, flirtatious, fun. Laughs freely and often. Finds the good in people. Positive and optimistic. He takes risks and tries new things. I call him my "Just Do It!" friend.

How He Treats Women: Treats women respectfully, with old-fashioned chivalry...opens doors, insists on paying for dates that he initiates, but not looking for someone that will be dependent on him. Likes a woman to take initiative sometimes.

Best Physical Feature: Calves! The biggest muscles I've ever seen!

Biggest Obstacle to Dating: Newly single, he's not sure what he's looking for. The flirty fun side doesn't mind getting a lot of attention from a lot of women. But he also wants to be in a committed relationship with someone he loves. His flirtatiousness and willingness to open up might cause some women to think he's interested in more than a friendship when he's not. He's sure to innocently break more than a few hearts now that he's out in the playing field, though he would never purposely hurt anyone. And, he may be still a little vulnerable to a broken heart himself.

What I Like Best: His big heart. He loves people deeply...his kids, his family, his friends. He finds the good in everyone.

In Brett's Words: I’m single for the first time in a long time and honestly looking forward to meeting, getting to know and possibly dating a lot of women. I’m not saying that I’m planning on sleeping around because I’m not, but I do want to get to know a lot of women. I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking for in a partner right now, but I am hoping to figure it out along the way. Does that sound bad or is honestly really the best policy?

No comments: